Monday, September 28, 2009

Why Israel Should Tell The US To Stick It

I have never understood why Israel doesn't tell the US to just stick and do what they know is best for their country.  Here they have "neighbors" lobbing rockets over the fence, and carrying out regular terrorist strikes within Israel.  And we always pat them on the back, say "tsk tsk" and urge them to remain calm.  Don't behave rashly.  Puleez.

Can you imagine if Canada were lobbing rockets across the Great Lakes at us and France was telling us not to do anything rash?  I certainly hope we would tell France to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, and start bombing them right back.

I mean, seriously, let's look all the way back to the first Iraq war.  Iraq was shelling Israel just because they could, and poor Israel bit their collective tongues and let us do our thing.  They really had our backs.  And how did we repay them?  We convinced them to let the Palestinians have the Gaza strip.  Which they proceeded to trash. 

If I were Prime Minister Netanyahu, I would tell President Obama to stick it and do what I thought was best for Israel.  They certainly can't be any worse off.

No comments: